Pages

Sunday 31 August 2014

...Couldn't resist - pun intended


Good morning! I hope you enjoyed the recent release, I took a wee break from shipping last night because I especially wanted to play along with this sketch challenge.

http://waltzingmousefanaticschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/challenge-25-sketch.html

It's the Waltzingmouse Fanatics challenge No. 25 and with being so busy it had been a week or two (ok well maybe a little more) since I'd had a chance to pop over and see what the ladies have been  up to. Well I scrolled back through the last couple of challenges and I was wow'ed! The ladies have a small following, but that small following is BIG on talent, I was pinning inspirational cards like crazy.

Anyhow, here's my take on the latest challenge - I started with some patterned paper and used the fabby Heirloom patterns stamps to create a diamond pattern - I clear embossed the diamonds and then rubbed on some brown ink, the clear embossing resists the rubbed on ink and lets the original pattern show through clearly this gives a nice texture as well as age to the paper. If you have your magnifying glasses on you will see that no, I certainly did not line up my diamonds perfectly, this was totally intended (lies) as I was hoping to give it that homey, homemade feel. (damned lies - I really, really like things to line up, I'll stress about it for an hour but then I'll give up and call it 'homey').

I folded the top down and stitched. I used a sentiment from Say it Loud Winter Holiday and stamped it with a tired old memento ink pad, sometimes I love the faded look of an old worn out ink pad more than a juicy new one. A little more trimming and stitching and a rummage through the cupboards for some embellies. It's a simple card, but I think it feels warm, which is what Christmas should feel like, all cosy and warm.

So, if you are a lose end today - why don't you play along!! Click Here.


Hope it tickles!
http://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/products/say-it-loud-winter-holiday

http://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/products/heirloom-patterns

9 comments:

  1. I love it!! going to make one for the challenge this afternoon. Good to see you back with a challegeblog again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so rich and gorgeous Claire - thanks so much for playing along with us :-)
    I love the look you got from the faded inkpad - going to dig at the back of my drawers ;-)
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage feel to this Claire - and I'm so looking forward to using those heirloom patterns I just ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, I love the warm vintage looking card - the diamond pattern is really pretty and I love the stitched detail too. Thanks so much for playing along with us and for the shout out too!

    Deborah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous 'homey' feel to this stunner, Claire.
    Can't believe I don't own these 2 stamp sets! Oh well, next order!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card. What a lovely distinctive look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your story as well as the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Claire!! and from here, I can't see that the diamonds aren't lined up (I had a good laugh about your "homey" comments though!!) :-) Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!